Sunday, June 19, 2016

Halfway Reflection

1)  This course has required some perseverance and a lot of determination.  Although none of the assignments are really "hard," they do require your time each week and force you to do some things that you wouldn't normally do.

2)  I felt like giving up on one of the very first assignments, the bug list.  I had the hardest time thinking of so many different things.  I normally only focus on big problems but the big list involved spotting the smallest problems that really don't affect me that much.  This class has helped to think deeply about different problems to search for resolutions.  This class forces you to think in a way that will benefit you in the future.

3)  a. Try to prepare yourself to spend several hours a week on this course.
     b. This isn't really a hard course but it does take your time and commitment to fulfill all of the assignments.
     c. Make sure you don't miss any of the extra credit quizzes!

6 comments:

  1. Chris,

    The bug list assignment was difficult to think of so many things that bother me. One I can say is from doing that assignment it has made me think a little differently when I do run into something that I notice bothers me. I explained the assignment to my brothers and sister in-laws and now every time we have something we notice bothers us we put it on a group text we have. The list has grown to over 50 items and every once in awhile when we all get together we discuss how we can solve them. Hopefully one day maybe we can come up with a business idea or product that our family can develop.


    Here is a link to my “Halfway Reflection” post http://ent3003blogger.blogspot.com/2016/06/halfway-reflection.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,

    I agree that this course has put us in some uncomfortable spots and has required us to think deeply into unmet needs and solutions. I think we are better off from both of these experiences and have grown from them. They will benefit us in the future. I like the entrepreneurial mindset of discovering ways to meet unmet needs. Also, good tips! Especially the one about commitment.

    Angie

    http://mynewbloggerblog10.blogspot.com/2016/06/halfway-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christopher,

    I am very thankful of the extra credit quizzes, but I believe they should have more time instead of having three minutes to answer the questions. Also, I also believe that this class takes a lot of time and future students who are going to take this class should make a set schedule in order to complete all of the assignments. Here is the link to my post: http://yessiblogging.blogspot.com/2016/06/halfway-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Christopher,

    Nice advice! It surely will help those who are new to this class! Some of those tips will still apply to me as well as I tend to miss the extra credit quizzes because they slip my mind. Of course I regret it afterwards and make a mental note to start earlier. Also your advice on the level of determination one must have to do well in this class is true. Although this class is not that academically rigorous it does force you to stay on track each week and dedicate some hours to constant work. Check out my blog at http://jpmorgan15.blogspot.com/

    Regards,
    Juan Parra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chris,

    That's great advice. I definitely think future students can benefit by preparing themselves to dedicate the time necessary for this course every week. I had a hard time with the bug list too; it was pretty difficult trying to think of all the minor things that can bother you every day. The extra credit quizzes are definitely important to remember, you do not want to miss out on those free points. I think I missed one and I am still upset about it. Here is my blog: http://jaredpape.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris,

    I agree with all of your tips for next semester's students. You must have time set aside each week to complete all of the assignments, cramming last minute will put you in some frustrating situations. The extra credit assignments are a no-brainer, you just have to try and get 'free' points.

    Here is the link to my post.

    http://norrisufent.blogspot.com/2016/06/halfway-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete