Friday, May 20, 2016

Forming An Opportunity Belief

I believe that most people experience a problem with becoming too hot while they sleep.  Especially if you sleep on memory foam due to the amount of heat it holds.  I think everyone who gets hot while they sleep have this need.  It has always existed.  There aren't too many great options out there now.  I would suggest a mattress that incorporates a cooling gel in the top layer to keep you cool while you sleep.  Right now people keep fans on and sometimes don't sleep under their sheets.  I believe there is a 100% chance it exists.

Iteration 1
Devyn West

I have always gotten hot while I sleep.  I keep my fan on high and don't sleep under my sheets half of the time.  I always turn the A/C on higher at night which increases my electric bill.  I only experience the problem at night.  I am not happy with the current solutions now because I still get hot on the side that is on the mattress when I sleep.

This is pretty much the answers I expected I would receive from her on this issue.

Iteration 2
Kevin Brill

I usually don't get that hot while I sleep because I keep my house pretty cold.  Although I have to pay a lot higher of an electricity bill, I hate being hot.

I believe the main reason Kevin doesn't have the need is because he keeps his house below 70 degrees to begin with.  Most people don't want that expense so they keep it between 72-75.


I think that all of my original opportunity is still there.  Even if you don't get hot when you sleep because you keep your house so cold, you are still recognizing the problem that you have to keep your house cold in order to not get hot.

I think costumer feedback is a critical step in determining how well your product will do in the market.  Entrepreneurs should take their feedback seriously.

7 comments:

  1. Crazy. I have never heard of a mattress gel that keeps you cool. My whole life I have always slept with my fan on. Now I find it hard to go to sleep without a fan on. I find myself getting hot, waking up a lot, and constantly cranking down the A/C. I tend to have utility overages, and if I did not have the fan on as much, I could decrease my spendings. Thank you for this post, as I found it helpful and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher,

    I get hot while I sleep and sweat profusely. What drives me crazy is that I have to sleep with some sort of cover on so that doesn’t help the problem. So what I do for now to solve the problem is:
    1. I sleep with the ceiling fan on.
    2. I keep the AC at 70 degrees.
    3. I cover myself with a thin cover not a comforter style cover.
    With these 3 things I can sleep pretty comfortably and not wake up drenched in sweat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My article on "Forming An Opportunity Belief"

      http://ent3003blogger.blogspot.com/2016/05/forming-opportunity-belief.html

      Delete
  3. Chris,
    I like your idea a lot. I think this is a really cool idea. I don't typically get hot while sleeping, but only sleep with a sheet and the fan on high. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely experience overheating at night all the time, but my wife actually gets cold very easily, so it's difficult to find a comfortable medium. I would love a mattress that cooled itself, but I know she would absolutely hate it, so it would have to be zone-adjustable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chris,

    I'm glad to hear we're on a similar page here because I hate getting hot when I sleep. I pretty much have the keep the fan on and sleep with at least a blanket or two on. It's just so much more comforting if the temperature is kind of chilly and you can just get nice and warm under the blankets. I fix this problem by pretty much just turning the air conditioning down pretty low and always having that fan on. The fan isn't the best solution because it dries my lips and throat out. Here's my blog: http://jaredpape.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Christopher,

    I like your idea as I also get hot and sweaty when I sleep. So basically what I do to compensate for that is to minimize the articles of clothing I wear when I go to sleep. Also I only sleep with one cover that doesn't retain heat too much. In my apartment, each room has its own personal air conditioning unit, but I can see how a centralized A/C will cause more problems. Also usually I have to lower my temperature to cool the room, and GRU with their ridiculous prices often my bill increases around the summer time. I hope there is a better solution that is more efficient and affordable. Nice job with the idea! If you want to read my unmet need visit my blog at http://jpmorgan15.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete