Economic Trends
1. Bitcoin
A. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/5/prweb13447745.htm
B. Bitcoin has been around since 2009 and although it has had its ups and downs, it seems to be getting the attention of the public now.
C. The younger generation who has more tech knowledge with mostly be the customer.
D. We all use currency so Bitcoin will be relatively easy to catch on. And with the promising investment opportunities it is hard to not like.
I have studied Forex trading and this is something similar.
2. Grocery home delivery
A. http://www.gourmetretailer.com/top-story-profiles___trends-meal_kit_delivery_services_projected_to_top_$1b_this_year__packaged_facts-12701.html
B. In the ever growing convenience and want-it-now society that we live in, it is no surprise that have groceries delivered straight to your home wouldn't be the next logical step. And we aren't just talking groceries anymore, this has evolved into having already planned meals being delivered directly to your house. This has taken all of the hard part of deciding what to put together for dinner out of the equation.
C. A lot of the younger generation might consider this but I believe that the busy soccer mom and the elderly who have trouble going all of the way to the grocery store will get on board also.
D. Everyone needs groceries so this wouldn't be too much of a challenge to get going. And it clearly isn't considering they were on track for $1 B in sales.
I see this because I understand people wanting convenience even though I actually like going to the grocery store, I understand some people hate it.
Regulatory Changes
3. Cyber warfare
A. My source is a warrant officer in the United States National Guard
B. Cyber terrorism is one of the biggest threats we face in today's society. With our major cities becoming more and more based off of computers and everything being digital, we are becoming vulnerable. For example, think of a the city water supply of a major city like Phoenix, the water is chemically treated by a computer. If someone hacked into that network they could change the chemical balance and poison everyone in the city who drinks that water.
C. This can potentially affect everyone. The customer would be the government and defense companies who would buy software to prevent hackers and have a team monitor the software.
D. The opportunity is easy to exploit because it is very dangerous.
I see this because I am interested in defense and the military.
4. Emissions changes
A. http://www.autonews.com/article/20141008/OEM11/141009787/technology-propels-fuel-economy-average-to-record-24.1-mpg-epa-says
B. With the new emissions control, truck manufacturers have been pushed to develop more and more economical trucks.
C. This effects the manufacturers and also the people who buy the trucks.
D. This is a regulated sector so it is easy to exploit.
I see this because I drive trucks so I pay attention to what is going on with them
Hey Christopher,
ReplyDeleteI think that grocery delivery is an interesting concept but not something that I would personally use. I agree that it would be something convenient for the elderly who for those who are always on the go and really don't have time to shop. I feel that it could be on the dangerous side though. The delivery people would know where you live and could be a way to stalk or steal from the people who use it. Also, how are the groceries paid for? Do you pay online when you order groceries or are you giving the delivery person access to your money? People should think about these things before using it just for convenience.
I would've liked a little more information on Bitcoin. I personally have never heard of it so I'm too sure what you're talking about. It's very scary to think that so much is ran by computers. Especially something like water. The fact that if someone wanted to poison the water by hacking into a computer is very unsettling.
Christopher,
ReplyDeleteI liked the article on the grocery home delivery and how it explained the consequences it could have on the restaurant industry. I'm with you when it comes to actually going to the store and physically putting things in the cart. I can really see busy moms and older people using this service though. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If it does become a multi-billion dollar industry I wonder what changes restaurants will do to keep a competitive advantage?
Also I forgot the link to by blog on this topic.
DeleteChris,
ReplyDeleteThe economic trend going towards grocery and food delivery is definitely accurate. I have used both and continue to. I started getting food delivered to me thru a company called personalfoodtrainer.com. I wanted to eat healthy but I don’t have the time to cook so frequently. I have enjoyed it for a couple of months but the food is getting repetitive know. I am hoping they change up the menu a little bit. In reference to groceries I am slowly getting household items like toilet paper and paper towels delivered to me via Amazon Prime which makes my life a lot easier also.
In reference to your regulatory change with cyber warfare that problem is growing very rapidly. The ISM class I took last semester mentioned so many different types of cyber-crime like ransomware and your typical spam emails. We are constantly under attack and it is growing exponentially.
Link to my blog post: http://ent3003blogger.blogspot.com/2016/05/looking-for-opportunity.html
Hi Christopher,
ReplyDeleteHaving groceries being delivered to customers is a trend that I am seeing frequently around my area. I believe having groceries being delivered to people is a great idea for those who are busy or to those who just do not like the experience of grocery shopping. I am also seeing other similar businesses like prepared meals being delivered to others as well. You made a good point with the cyber warfare, someone can actually hack a water supply computer system and treat it with poisonous chemicals that can really harm others, so there should be more security for online information. The opportunities that I found can be found here: http://yessiblogging.blogspot.com/2016/05/looking-for-opportunity.html
Hey Christopher,
ReplyDeleteI see that many people recognize the opportunity in delivered groceries. I think it is a very popular idea due to the fact that it deals with one of our basic needs. Everyone in the world needs food. This is true no matter what social class you are. If we make the process easier in getting that food, it will make a lot of people very happy. I also saw that you saw in opportunity in emmission changes. This is very cool because this is one of the world's biggest problems right now. There are many opportunities that can be used to help the planet while also creating businesses as well.
Link to my blog as well if you are interested! :http://jrscottratt.blogspot.com/2016/05/looking-for-opportunity.html