Thursday, May 12, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story

In middle school we were required to create a new invention for a problem that we had in our lives.  It was a semester long project that had various steps to it.  The problem that I came up with was reading in the dark.  Even with a lamp, you don't get light on all of the pages because you seem to end up with shadows.  So I created reading glasses that had a micro LED light attached to them.  (This was several years before a company actually created this exact thing)  I was fun to not only see a problem but create a resolution to that problem.

I enrolled in ENT3003 to help me become a better entrepreneurial thinker.  I hope that after finishing this class I will see everyday problems a little bit differently by also automatically thinking about solutions.


3 comments:

  1. I wish I was as innovative as you in middle school. I think the most innovative thing I've done is put my phone in a plastic bag so I could use it while in the bath tub. Genius, right? Thanks, LifeProof for stealing my idea! But yeah, I like that outlook- seeing everyday problems differently. Definitely a good take away from this class. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! That must've been a fun experience for you to get as creative as you wanted for a school project. Plus, you know it was a great and actually useful idea since it's now been produced! I, too, hope to be able to view problems from different perspectives and come up with effective solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,

    Hello! I am your TA for the course, Rachel. I will be reading and providing feedback on your blog frequently. I enjoyed your entrepreneurship story! Your idea is awesome, and I would totally buy it. I didn't know it actually existed until now. I hope that you enjoy this class, and I look forward to reading your future assignments.

    ReplyDelete